Cake day: July 24th, 2023

help-circle

• F04118F@feddit.deto196@lemmy.blahaj.zoneLinux Users
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Oh wow, so the schematics are published, the repair procedure is documented and you can 3D print the parts yourself? Sign me up for the open source shower!

Oh you thought open source meant sharing your secrets? Nah it’s actually more common to see secrets in the code in closed source projects than in projects that were open source from the start. In open source software, you need to set your own PP_SIZE as an env var or provide it in a .env file or keyvault.

• After spending all morning pouring acetone on the ridge and scraping off bits of CA glue, I went to the professionals (the mechanical department at my girlfriend’s lab). They used a heavy-duty drilling machine. Due to the way the nut was glued on, the whole shaft assembly started spinning with the drilling machine, but after a few tries, the drill had damaged a large enough part that the nut finally came loose. I saw some smoke rise from the drill as whatever spirit haunted the tone pot finally found peace.

The cursed potmeter is no more.

• In the meantime I’ve pulled out most parts of the potmeter, including the shaft. The problem is the locking nut is glued to the thread. I don’t have much left to exert force on on the inside, might have to start using acetone if I can’t find a tool that fits over the hexagon on the inside and allows me to lock it in place.

• F04118F@feddit.detoich_iel@feddit.deich🐮🔫🤠
    link
    fedilink
    Deutsch
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Es wäre “Whataboutism”, wenn pflanzliche Milch überhaupt nichts mit Kuhmilch und Klimawandel zu tun hätte. Aber tatsächlich entscheiden sich viele Menschen für pflanzliche Milch, weil sie ihnen eine sehr ähnliche Erfahrung wie Kuhmilch ermöglicht, bei wesentlich geringeren Auswirkungen auf das Klima. Es ist durchaus eine Antwort auf das Problem der klimatischen Auswirkungen der Kuhmilchproduktion.