• 0 Posts
  • 4 Comments
Joined 1 year ago
cake
Cake day: June 14th, 2023

help-circle

• It’s totally natural! As someone who has to conduct the interview nowadays, just know that I get nervous as well before going and conducting them, too.

As someone being interviewed, I found that for me really practicing my “script” helps calm the nerves. Interviewing is really just telling a series of scripted stories, so have several lined up and just practice telling them. Interview questions are incredibly repetitive - so you can really find the stories that try to highlight your strengths and then finding a time in the interview to deploy them.

Lastly, something that helps calm my nerves is really knowing that I have some power here, we both have the ability to say no to the opportunity. So, it’s a meeting to really determine if I have the skillset that’s desired by the company and if the fit is good for me as an individual. Remembering the power balance can give you a little bit of swagger back.

Best of luck, OP!!

• Around 10-6 (2200-0600)

I have two young kids, so it’s a little skewed to keep them functioning. I’ve always been an early top bed person, but as I’ve gotten older, my wake-up’s have gotten consistently earlier.

The problem I have nowadays is staying asleep. A life in the military has made it easy to get up even when I’m exhausted, but tough to settle down and go back to sleep. I find that consistent exercise is critical to my sleep schedule. As long as I exercise, I can stay asleep through the night. If my workout schedule gets off, I have a lot of 0400 wakeups.