Hi! I’m British, I like music (grime, garage, hip-hop, R&B, and more!). I like art, culture, history, politics, & doomscrolling memes.

Also a touch of programming :)

also on /u/Madbrad200@lemmy.world

• 32 Posts
  • 112 Comments
Joined 1 year ago
cake
Cake day: July 3rd, 2023

help-circle

• Bonus: don’t have time and want to just auto-subscribe to all (please note this isn’t reversible without manually unsubbing yourself, there’s a lot of niche communities here that may not appeal to you - you can remove them from the JSON file if needed)?

• On PC, download this JSON file
    • On PC, download Lemmy Migration Tool (download the relevant .zip file)
    • Unzip folder, run file. Lemmy Migration Tool will now be open, like in this pic.
    • Note: in the Settings tab, you may wish to untick everything except Upload Community Subscriptions. Failure to do so may result in your Lemmy settings being changed.
    • Click the Upload tab. Then, enter your instance name and login details, click the upload button and upload the JSON file.
    • It’ll automatically subscribe you to them all. If it looks like it’s frozen, it hasn’t. Just let it run. If you’re on a small instance, you may need to re-run it a couple times (it can error if your instance hasn’t discovered the community yet, this is solved on a rerun).

Of course, some may not be of interest or may overload your feed (meme communities can do this). Unsubscribe as needed.