• 1 Post
  • 57 Comments
Joined 1 month ago
cake
Cake day: May 17th, 2024

help-circle
  • Do it! Yeah start with the mother board and see what happens and then open the fucker up and replace the try to move the platters to working drive. You don’t have anything to lose so why not. For a quick and dirty clean room run the shower really hot for a few minutes to make a bunch of steam and then wait for the humidity to naturally equalize, boom you got a few minutes to do your swap job.

• We kind of need more information. You say you are being touched too much and the initial lack of touch is what attracted you. In the beginning of any relationship there is a natural curve to all of the things. Touch is one that goes from zero touches to a lot of touches once the relationship starts to grow. If you don’t want/ need these touches (it’s usually a good thing) then you need to have a frank discussion about your needs and if your new partner is going to be able to cater to these needs.

I’m also curious about what the timeline of this situation/relationship is at. Like are you 1 month or 2 year in? How long have you known this person and where/how did you meet?

Personally I think that it’s kind of hard to bounce back into the same vibe once it gets this lopsided and I believe that if you meet someone else right now that you would bounce on this relationship. The best relationships happen when both parties are on the same wavelength and communication goes a long way of keeping things in balance.

One of the problems I have in my relationships is that I know 2 or 3 months in that this relationship is not going to work (I am looking for forever) but I stay in it and only bale when things start to go south. This is not fair to my partner and I realize now that it is abusive behavior on my part.

• Mountain_Mike_420@lemmy.mltoSelfhosted@lemmy.worldNetworking Dilemma
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 days ago

Put the nas and router where the internet comes in at and the just use WiFi for your office and the rest of the house. Thats what 99% of the people do. All the new WiFi routers are really efficient at beam forming and other technologies to get you a decent signal.

At my house, since it is raised up I was able to crawl under and run Ethernet to the living room for the htpc(gaming) computer and it was pretty easy to install a keystone next to a power outlet. Not sure if that is viable in your situation.

But even then I didn’t bother running Ethernet to all the rooms because even streaming 4k video is viable over WiFi. Though I understand it might not work so well if trying to edit on a nas or something similar.