• 1 Post
  • 242 Comments
Joined 1 year ago
cake
Cake day: June 15th, 2023

help-circle

• That’s your take reading a post talking explicitly about how a person won’t be outraged about something without actually taking into consideration how the people who the issues is about feel or act?

Maybe you should stop for a moment, think over what you’ve said and read, and consider that many of these discrimated groups can actually think for ourselves and doesn’t need to be told what to be outraged over?

• I mean if you’re going fast enough with a pointy train, you could chop up people pretty easy. You just need to make sure that each person is a tire width apart to make sure the wheels don’t lose traction. Assuming a person is roughly half a metre across and a tire is 75cm in diameter, we get 1.25m per person, so a track of 1250km for a million people. Not very long at all.

• Reliant1087@lemmy.worldtoTechnology@lemmy.worldComing to you soon...
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Let’s also start removing phrases with white, yellow and brown as those are used to refer to people’s skin colour as well.

The only reason I would even contemplate not using blacklist or white washing is if an actual person of that skin colour says that it is not okay for them, or there’s an actual consensus among people of that community that it isn’t acceptable.

I can tell you as a person with brown skin, with brownie or whatever used as a derogatory name, almost everyone I know isn’t even concerned with terms like brown out or brown note.

Online outrages or articles aren’t an accurate depiction of reality.

Even more dangerously, shit like this drives outrage and diverts attention from actual, real issues faced by people of different races. Like not having stuff to eat or indoor plumbing or mental health infrastructure or access to health care.

• That’s not what the poster is talking about. Whether the piracy subreddit or the lemmy community, there are strict rules about sharing copyrighted content, asking for it or posting links to it. These communities are about discussing different technologies around BitTorrent, usenet or debrid and how to leverage them to share content.

All of the above can be used for perfectly legal reasons such as sharing Linux ISOs or public domain media.

If you use those to pirate copyrighted content that’s your decision.

Calling these communities illegal and blocking them is akin to schools not permitting students to use backpacks or lockers because they could be used to hide guns.

• Reliant1087@lemmy.worldtoMemes@lemmy.mlDebate
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

You see later that she was a blood purist and tortured only those who she thought of as blood traitors or whatever. That’s par on course with people who sided with voldemort. After the quidditch world cup the death eaters tried to torture a muggle family, including the children I think.