• 1 Post
  • 15 Comments
Joined 1 year ago
cake
Cake day: June 9th, 2023

help-circle
  • I could be wrong, but from what I’ve experienced,

Projects where engineers felt they had the freedom to discuss and address problems were 87 percent more likely to succeed.

is not always the norm. I’ve worked in agile environments where we had to work fast because the large corporate stakeholder had such a rapid turnaround that discussing and addressing problems meant slowing the process down, so no one wanted to be the one to say anything.

Agile feels like one of those things that works well on paper and when practiced properly, but when you get the wrong type of stakeholders involved, their lack of understanding rushes everything and makes the process and the final product bad for everyone.

• I’ve always had some interest in learning more about switching to Linux from Windows and the news lately has made me even more so; however, I have to use Adobe apps every day for work and school, and from what I know, there’s no great compatibility solution for them in Linux, and I don’t have hardware strong enough that I feel confident that they would perform well in Wine/a VM. Not sure what a good solution for my use case would be

• Is there some open-source replacement for Roku? All I really use it for is a portal to my streaming services that’s easy to navigate with a remote. I’ve noticed my Roku become increasingly more overrun with ads ever since I started using it 4-5 years ago to my dismay, and it’s obviously not stopping any time soon. I’m vaguely aware of Plex but I have no clue where to start with setting it up or if it would even meet my needs