• 0 Posts
  • 8 Comments
Joined 1 year ago
cake
Cake day: June 12th, 2023

help-circle

• For me, the apprehension is never the tech but who’s installing it. Think about how hard it is just to find a solid mechanic you can trust, how much harder it is to find a good doctor, then combine the search in what amounts to downtown Baltimore a la The Wire plus cyberpsychos and runner gangs. I can barely trust people with paperwork most of the damn time.

However, let’s say I’ve come into some luck and got my hands on an Auto Doc. Definitely going for nervous system enhancements to increase neurotransmitter efficiency. That should hit a bunch of benefits at once, including theoretically increasing intelligence. Would definitely lean into a sleeper/stealth loadout for myself, so monowire and Netrunning/Social Engineering augs like the Social Enhancer from Deus Ex. Increased muscle density and cardiovascular reinforcement for when I need to get physical or dip in a pinch. Military-grade augs for infrared vision, drone control, nanites for overall physical maintenance/streamlining, and software/hardware hardening. Would definitely lean into eventually becoming a ghost floating between custom bodies once I’ve built up a decent stockpile of dosh. Then it’s all about amassing knowledge and passing the time, maybe getting back in the fray occasionally to stir the pot. Keep my finger on the pulse.