• 0 Posts
  • 7 Comments
Joined 1 year ago
cake
Cake day: June 9th, 2023

help-circle

• Now that you know about ci(, I highly recommend taking a look at tpope’s plugins. Especially the surround plugin. It can change the surrounding parentheses and tags (if you’re editing an HTML or XML document). Quite cool. Also, there’s much more in tpope’s library of pugins.

PS, did you know that zsh has a vi mode, where you can use typical vi commands to edit the command prompt instead after the default ones? Quite useful as well.

• I can highly recommend basically anything written by Brandon Sanderson, especially the Cosmere series. It consists of a lot of books (and many on the way), that describe multiple worlds. What makes his books special is the way magic is integrated into the world. It’s not just 14th century Europe with wizards here and there, magic makes an impact on the society in a way that’s realistic. His books are easy to read, with a few exceptions (more on that below).

As for what to start with, I’d recommend two series:

• Mistborn - a series revolving around a dystopian world. The first book in the series is somewhat a fantasy heist story. Easy to read, though you can tell it’s one of the earlier Brandon’s books, his style of writing improves in time.
    • Stormlight Archives - this is the series Brandon outdid himself TBH. The world is at the very alien, but in a way that makes sense. The books suck you in and don’t let go, making you want know more about the world and the characters. Be wary though, getting through the first few chapters takes some determination, as it starts slowly. And since the world is very different to our own, some words don’t make sense at start, which can be slightly offputting. But getting through the first chapters is worth it.