• 3 Posts
  • 120 Comments
Joined 11 months ago
cake
Cake day: August 9th, 2023

help-circle
  • hellweaver666toAsklemmy@lemmy.mlWho went "full fedi" yet?
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Yeah the scale of infrastructure needed for video hosting at a scale needed for creators to move over is nutso. The creators won’t move without the audience, the audience won’t move without the creators. Only way it could work is if another “megacorp” decided to take on YouTube and incentivised creators to move.

Pretty much only Apple and Microsoft have the funds to pull that off.

• hellweaver666toAsklemmy@lemmy.mlWho went "full fedi" yet?
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I dumped Twitter in the first wave after Elon took over and found a new home on Mastodon. Deleted my Reddit accounts during the API crisis (I still visit but no longer contribute) and spend some time on Lemmy (haven’t yet found the community to be as engaging). Sadly there isn’t a viable alternative for YouTube yet.

• A couple of weeks ago my wife and I got jiggy for the first time in five years. After our third kid she just went completely off it and we’ve been in a dead bedroom situation ever since, she told me how she felt and despite my frustration I understood and respected her wishes. A couple of weeks ago I just opened up about how I was feeling unloved and then blam! It happened out of nowhere. I was in a daze and couldn’t believe it. Now I’m scared it’s going to be five years before it happens again.