• 3 Posts
  • 30 Comments
Joined 9 months ago
cake
Cake day: September 13th, 2023

help-circle

• kirk781toTechnology@lemmy.worldEarbuds recommendations?
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    13 days ago

Skullcandy customer support/warranty sucked for me as well. My left earbuds started keeping barely half the charge of the right ones within couple of months of purchasing them. I had only used both buds simultaneously, so it was weird to have more drain in one. However, the support folks just returned my product as-is saying nothing was wrong.

• Huh. I rented couple of old films and they previewed at full HD. Upon purchasing, they were viewable at 1080p. I was at the worst possible combination from these companies point of view(Firefox on Linux). I could be wrong but is it possible that it has something to do with the company renting out the movies themselves? YouTube Movies just acts as an intermediary, I think, and the main company providing the source is listed in the description.

• I think the greatest hindrance to /e/ is the fact that so few devices are supported. The article lists Fairphone as a supported device but that doesn’t retail in my country. Most Chinese OEMs (that form the bulk in my nation) won’t be supported by it. I have had a Nokia and a Samsung but even those two models are nope. One would need to go with the express purpose of installing alternative OS’s and then purchase supported phones like Pixel probably, if they wanna indulge in this. But normal people aren’t gonna do this. They are going to purchase the phone that fits the price vs performance ratio for them rather than alternative OS criterion.

• I do not know why browser makers like Opera or Brave(and now apparently Firefox) is going hey ho over AI. I don’t see a proper benefit of integration of local AI for most people as of now.

As for vertical tabs, Waterfox got it just now. It is basically a fork of Tree Style Tabs and very basically implemented. I am honestly happy with TST on Firefox and while a native integration might be a bit faster(my browser takes just that few extra seconds to load the right TST panel on my slow laptop), it’ll likely be feature incomplete when compared to TST.