• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Safety critical? I’d rather have a trunk I can get to close than one I can stick my finger into four times in a row without pinching it. What do you think happens when you slam down a normal trunk on someone’s finger?

• ColeSloth
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Lol. Nah, the trucks are super dumb. I just know I’d want a trunk that would be able to close more than an overly sensitive pressure detection permanently preventing it. For that matter, I think it’s dumb to attach a motor to a trunk.

• inclementimmigrant@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          2 months ago

It’s like you didn’t read or did read and didn’t actually comprehend what the article or linked video was actually taking about.

You sure would make a great fit at Tesla’s engineering and safety team.

• brbposting@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

Friendly challenge: respond to that user again, in no more words than the first time, but address his question :)

• inclementimmigrant@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              edit-2
              2 months ago

No thank you. I refuse to engage with a person trying to straw man and change topics from a software safety argument to a personal preference that goes nowhere but you feel free to engage if you wish.

• ColeSloth
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

Maybe you didn’t comprehend it? The close force attempt increases with each unsuccessful attempt at closing. That way seems better than it eventually not working at all a few years down the line as all the electronics get more jankety be cause something gets a bit bent or worn out and it always detects a small amount of resistance so it quits closing all together.

• ShepherdPie@midwest.social
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              2 months ago

Nobody wants to discuss the logic involved with having to open the door and then close it again for it to attempt to close harder and why that isn’t the dire safety hazard that people are trying to make it out to be. These people are the reason why we have to have “no smoking” signs at gas pumps because apparently they’d leave their hand in the door after attempting to close it 3 or 4 times.