• Tartas1995
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

I asked for whom to vote from a ending the genocide perspective and why that. You “answered” by telling me what I should be doing outside of voting.

That is like someone asks you how they could fix their dietary habits and you tell them to do sports. Sports are probably a good advice but it isn’t helping them to fix their dietary habits. It is missing the point. It isn’t answering the question.

I am not gonna bother with your rhetorical points insult, as it is based in the assumption that I don’t want an answer because I don’t accept answers that fail to answer the question.

Whether or not, a question is answered, is a pretty binary issue. but I think you mean the election with 7(?) candidates. Of which I would accept any as a response, if one was given. I am not sure about how that is binary though.

Oh the wasting time stuff was to point out the absurd nature of your impaction that I am wasting anyone’s time by asking a question that they can ignore, compared to bothering someone who is actively looking for an answer with non-answers.

• archomrade [he/him]@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

I asked for whom to vote from a ending the genocide perspective and why that. You “answered” by telling me what I should be doing outside of voting.

Because you can’t end a genocide by voting, that’s why it’s a disingenuous question and I think you know that. You can leverage a vote to push for it, but none of the candidates are beholden to doing jack shit once they’re actually in office even if they claim to support ending it, so the best course of action is to pressure the one that’s in office now.

That’s the point of those of us who say it doesn’t matter who you vote for in the context of ending Palestinian genocide - it wouldn’t change the outcome without outside action regardless.

wasting anyone’s time by asking a question that they can ignore, compared to bothering someone who is actively looking for an answer with non-answers.

You’re wasting people’s time who would happily explain the perspective to you if not for the deliberate attempt to frame the question around electoral politics.

• Tartas1995
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

Mate, I would agree with you if you wouldn’t fail to realize that I ask someone who made a statement regarding the election in the context of ending the genocide. Acting like I set the scene, is dishonest. I am sure you aren’t doing it intentional. You just forgot.

And you are right and wrong about being unable about ending a genocide by voting. You are also kinda unable to end it by protesting… Until it actually works. It is an attempt. An attempt is something and something is better than nothing while people die.

Also let’s not act like saying you wouldn’t vote for Biden over it isn’t pressuring the current one in power.

And you might also should have realized that in my question I asked included the likelihood of the desired outcome. So I had the whole breaking election promises, betting on the wrong horse and it all being fucking pointless covered.

And btw. Now you gave me an answer to my question from your perspective, it doesn’t matter because it doesn’t change shit. In other words, vote for whoever you want for other reasons. I know your opinion and I got my answer from you. Still not the guy that I asked but at least an answer.

• archomrade [he/him]@midwest.social
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

Also let’s not act like saying you wouldn’t vote for Biden over it isn’t pressuring the current one in power.

I’m assuming you didn’t intend the double negative and actually meant “let’s not act like saying you wouldn’t vote for Biden over it is pressuring the current one in power”, and I would point to any centrist media commentary on the protests where the pundits are freaking the fuck out over the threat of this issue sinking Biden’s reelection. The protests and agitation keeps the focus on the issue and keeps the pressure on the administration to address it. Anything that threatens Biden’s chances puts pressure and urgency on him to address the issue, including threatening not to vote for him (and encouraging others to join the cause in solidarity).

Still not the guy that I asked but at least an answer.

What makes that guy so special that his response is the only one that matters to you? Really sounds like you’re trying to bait him into a debate, bud.

• Tartas1995
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

Because they, unlike you, made the statement.

It is that simple. I heard you out too. I just wanted to highlight that you choose to engage with my question to another person. Highlighting how extremely odd this interaction is. I asked another person a question. You chose to engage that question but you avoided answering while insulting me. In the end, you finally express your opinion. I had to point out that you finally answered the question that was the starting point of our conversation that you chose to engage with, in hopes you realize that I actually want an fucking answer and that i ain’t asking for much of an discussion or proof standard but just a fucking opinion. and again you could have just avoided it completely, you chose to engage.