• Bluefalcon
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

Putting him in jail is what he wants. He’ll use that to make his political martyr stance. It will escalate tension in his ranks and possibly result in violence. He can use all of it in his favor bc his people believe anything.

• Olhonestjim@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Then do it and leave him there until he apologizes. He’s such a weak little baby. He can’t handle a few days in a cell.

• tal@lemmy.today
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Putting him in jail is what he wants.

shrugs

If he wants to have a conflict with the government to try to get the faithful riled up, he can induce it one way or another. It could be violating a court order or just directly breaking some law.

If that’s what he’s aiming for, I’m not sold that this is is a clever tactic that would play in his favor. I’m sure that there are people who it’ll get worked up. But the flip side is that winning a general election entails convincing the center. And I am not at all sure that what people want, across-the-board, is more circus. I think that the people for whom it’d be compelling are weighted towards the people who are already gonna vote and vote for him. I think that the people for whom it’d be a turn-off are likely weighted towards the people who are at risk of not voting for him.

• Bluefalcon
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

I never said it was a smart play but he will use it, just like the mugshot. That didn’t hurt him but instead fueled a boost in the polls. Polls don’t mean shit but he got a boost. We have a weak sitting president and Trump uses outrage as a fuel. He will capitalize on it. Instead, fine him a large amount and show he’s a broke bitch. That will do a lot more.