link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

Took them how many years and updates?

I’m waiting for the expansion to be at 10 to 15 €, and play CP through again.

Edit for a serious question: Who’s downvoting this? Pre-launch buyers?

Yes, CP is a good game now but remember the state it was in when CDPR asked full price for it at launch. You can’t even call it launch when it didn’t even take off on the PS4.

Just take a minute and read all the patch notes tagged with something like [added]. You’d be surprised how barebones the OG Cyberpunk was.

• PM_ME_YOUR_ZOD_RUNES@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        1 month ago

Someone who thinks games should be fully fleshed out when released is getting downvoted? The game shouldn’t of required fixing in the first place. Why the fuck are people these days so willing to accept unfinished products? They promised the moon before release and people rightfully lost their shit when it didn’t meet expectations. Why should we praise them for fixing their fuck-up?

I’ve completed the game twice and it was fantastic. I just hate how the bare minimum is what’s expected now.

• macniel@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 month ago

We praise them for fixing their fuck-up because most don’t. And when we want to see this behaviour changed we gotta promote the better way. Same with No Man Sky.

• Echo Dot@feddit.uk
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

Sure. But if either CDPR or Hello Games come out with anything new I’m going to wait until after release before buying it. I will definitely never pre-order from either of those companies again.

• ick@infosec.pub
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 month ago

Pre-ordering should be avoided regardless of developer. Nothing is a guarantee and the incentives they use for encouraging pre-orders are sleazy.

• coffinwood
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

Developers fixing a game is not a problem, it’s desirable, even expected.

Making the game playable (like it was advertised) is not called fixing. That’s developing the game.

CP wasn’t an Early Access title, they wanted full price for three quarters of a game.

• Echo Dot@feddit.uk
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

they wanted full price for three quarters of a game.

And what they delivered crashed a lot, had game breaking bugs, and brain dead AI despite the fact it could teleport, still wasn’t really effective.

Even in a beta state you still expect the law’s physics to apply, and not prevent accessing the rest of the content.