image description: STAND FOR THE FLAG (soldier saluting in front of enby flag) AND KNEEL FOR THE CROSS (soldier kneeling in front of swiss flag)

• Takios
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

So far I’m inclined to believe Joost’s side of the story. Firstly because innocent until proven guilty. Secondly, because the other side doesn’t tell its side of the story at all.
    I think the EBU should have operated under the innocent until proven guilty assumption, especially since they now have opened a way to get rid of competition, just accuse them of assault shortly before the main event.

• Successful_Try543@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Did I miss anything, or wasn’t Joost’s performance the last contribution left, that was at least partly on politics?

(Leaving aside whatever the israeli song was about)

• Deme@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

Croatia sang about urbanisation and the decline of the countryside.

Israel was 100% a political show no elaboration needed there.

Finland sang about no rules - anarchism.

Serbia was anti war, which is also a political position.

Then there’s all the feminist and queer themes like with Ukraine, Spain and Switzerland. Arguably not political, but then again neither should be Palestinians deserving human rights.

And these are just what comes to mind off the top of my head.

• Successful_Try543@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

Estonia just came into my mind, as it supposedly is about police harassment of homeless people.

I somehow didn’t put gender identity, female- and self-empowerment into the drawer politics, though it definitely is.