• EmperorHenry
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    29 days ago

ublock origin, brave with aggressive adblocking and adguard for desktop with some kind of adblocking DNS

and then, you will finally be able to enjoy websites without any bullshit.

It wasn’t always like this. it used to be the case that one form of adblocking was enough. And I really want the internet to go back to the way it was 15 or 16 years ago when you didn’t need to be careful about what you said online and keeping windows machines secure was simple as long as you knew what to get.

• EmperorHenry
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        28 days ago

what browser is as good at fingerprint-spoofing besides brave? I mean…Librewolf is pretty good at making its fingerprint look like all the others…as long as the letterboxing is turned on and you don’t adjust the ratio of the window a unique way

That other chromium based browser Vivaldi…I think that’s how it’s spelled, does that have fingerprint protection? does it have it’s own anonymous way of setting up a sync account?

• Victor@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      29 days ago

ublock origin, brave with aggressive adblocking and adguard for desktop with some kind of adblocking DNS

Will all of this finally get rid of the ads on the YouTube app on my TV?

• EmperorHenry
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        28 days ago

never use the youtube app, for stuff like that on your smart TV, you need something like iVPN on your router with the “restrictive” setting on the anti-tracker and then you need “adguard home” connected to your home wifi too. it’s a device you have to buy that has adguard in it, not sure how it works.

• Victor@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          28 days ago

Too much work, in all honesty. Also our Internet service provider also provides the router and I’m not sure about replacing it. We have a bulk deal with the whole building.

I’ll just keep muting the ads and look away while I do the countdown in my head lol. It’s very seldom that I watch YouTube on my TV anyway. 😌