• 👍Maximum Derek👍
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 个月前

I’m still working on question one too. It seems like a microphone array is the best option but a lot of them seem over built for the task.

• YaksDC@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 个月前

I guess it would be too easy to just have Plug and Play option. 🤷 I am technically inclined but I don’t want to spend a ton of time recreating the wheel.

• bean@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 个月前

Agreed. I can’t seem to find something that I can migrate to which doesn’t require a huge reprogramming effort. I would love local control but don’t want to spend my Saturdays and freetime struggling to figure out why it’s suddenly not working. Alexa is shitty and doesn’t have tons of flexible control, but it’s ‘uptime’ is very good, and does well for playing audio for the fam. self note… Get away from Spotify while I’m at it 😭

• 👍Maximum Derek👍
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 个月前

I don’t mind building the stuff when I’m in the mood. When Logitech decided to shut down the Harmony remote line I wrote my own version of a Hub into Home Assistant It was fun and it works better.

But now I’m tech support for it and if it breaks down I have to work on it whether I want to or not. It’s put me off wanting to build more stuff from scratch.

• Nimrod@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 个月前

This is an instance where I think the folks at nobu casa (paid branch of home assistant development) could dedicate some resources to hardware. Instead of the prebuilt SBC stuff like HA-blue, or yellow or whatever. Create an esp device that just has a reliable microphone, and crank them out. I’d buy one for every room in my house!

I’ve got an esp army in my greenhouse that runs wLED, and one of them has a mic for doing the sound reactive display stuff, but it’s running wLED, not ESPHome… I wonder how easy it would be to just slap a digital mic on some of the other esp things I’ve got floating around?