• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    25 days ago

Any pay wall that let’s you read that much article before showing itself to be behind a pay wall can burn in hell and would have no hope of getting my business purely out of spite.

• ColeSloth
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        25 days ago

I need a hot key on my android phone to just flip off scripts real quick instead of having to go three pages deep in settings to turn it on or off.

• Rolando@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          25 days ago

I just use the NoScript extension on Firefox, though it still takes a couple clicks to whitelist or temp-whitelist a site. Apparently uBlock Origin can do the same in Advanced mode, but I never got around to figuring it out.

• ColeSloth
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            25 days ago

I want a blacklist instead of a whitelist. On by default, but always off on some sites.

• ColeSloth
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                24 days ago

Now we’re talking. I wonder if I can set up the apk I use for Lemmy (Thunder) to use ff instead of chrome. Time to check some stuff.

• dave@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      24 days ago

Just use Reader view or whatever that’s called in your browser. I use Arctic for Lemmy on iOS and it has a ‘default to reader’ for opening links. Can’t remember the last time I saw a paywall. There’s one news site that doesn’t work but it’s pretty obvious straight away.