• dependencyinjection
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Sure. I’m a software developer but it’s just not fulfilling for me; like I enjoy the problem solving but it’s just not something I think I would be happy still doing in a decade.

I actually have a desire to help other people more and do something meaningful. Like teaching kids these skills, kids that don’t have an opportunity.

• ChaosCoati@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

That’s an amazing idea. Have you looked for any local organizations or after-school programs you could connect with? Or even a local school’s tech program. I bet they’d love to have you in as a guest to do a project with the kids. My kid’s school has local experts come in to do week- or month-long projects with a class. Doesn’t solve your job dilemma but if you’re finding fulfillment outside of work it may not matter.

• aidan@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Depending where you are there are a lot of opportunities for kids. I’m curious if there are many free opportunities for adults and if anyone would do it.

• dependencyinjection
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

I would do the same for adults to be honest and I should really look into where to begin.