• 👍Maximum Derek👍
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I wish it was harder to find in Gnome, where its right below “New Private Window” in the right-click context menu. I accidentally open it almost every time I try open a private window. Thankfully I don’t need private windows as much now that I use the Multi-Account Containers extension.

• Baron Von J@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

wait, really? For me on Windows 11 the launcher right-click literally just has one entry: Firefox. Nothing for recent/frequent/open tabs. Nothing for opening a new tab or window. Nothing for Private. Just that one entry that does the same thing as just clicking the launcher. There’s a separate start menu item for private browser window, I could pin that on the taskbar next to the regular launcher.

• DarkThoughts@fedia.io
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Might be a Linux thing because I have the same function under KDE as he describes it, which I wasn’t even aware of (I don’t really use that right click launcher functionality, like ever). Either way, I think opening it should be part of the main menu of the browser and the actual profile manager (not the profile manager page) should also have proper functionalities.

• mke@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 month ago

Don’t feel too jelly though, the actual profile manager has been in need of some care for a while, now…

…and it’s apparently getting it soon! No way they’ll hide the button after they polish it up, right? Happy times to come for all, I hope :⁠^⁠)