• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    24 days ago

For real. Fuck samsung so hard. I can’t even get an oem replacement battery for my N20 Ultra. (I bought it used in early 2021). Managed to find one (battery) that appeared new and genuine from ebay about 2 years ago, but im going to need another in the next year or so, because there’s no replacement phone with a pen and a micro sd card slot beyond this one. Almost no phones with just the SD card slot.

• TauriWarrior@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      24 days ago

What are you doing to it to need 2 battery replacements in four years, I have a Note20 Ultra 5G bought at release, still using the original battery. Battery health is estimated to still be over 90%

• ColeSloth
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        23 days ago

I replaced one after a couple years when I broke my screen, so figured, might as well. Then it’s been a couple more years and I figure I’ll need another in like a year, and new ones will keep getting harder to find. I don’t plan on upgrading over the next few years.

• cyberic
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      24 days ago

I’m in the same boat with the Note 10+. I’ll be sad when it dies

• Reddfugee42@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      23 days ago

It sucks that it’s hard to find MicroSD slots, but when you can get 512 GB onboard and just dump it to a USB drive, it’s basically just a matter of semantics at that point.

• ColeSloth
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        23 days ago

I go places a lot of times with sketch internet connections and have a huge digital library I keep stored on my phone. Not to mention all the pictures and videos I take (and video recordings take up quite a large chunk of space). Then you get into, ok, I can pay $400 for this phone so it has 512GB instead of 128GB. That sucks when you can buy a 1,000GB card for less than $100.

So why do I need to spend so much more money to get something that should be so ridiculously cheap?