Some side-work I do has me dealing with people a bunch, and for as much as we all complain about each other, at least in brief moments my experiences with others have been okay, pleasant even.

Of course, despite that, I can’t shake the idiosyncratic impulse to avoid people much of the time, but regardless. As a bonus: most of those I’m encountering are total strangers to boot, so it’s not even a matter of familiarity.

Not much more of a point to this post than that, really. Thought we could use a little more upbeat stuff around here.

• rufus
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    26 days ago

100% agree. Also most IRL people I meet in casual situations are pretty alright. I have mostly nice neighbors, sometimes random people help out each other. And that also happens amongst strangers in the supermarket or on public transportation.

(Some people are stupid though. And/or inconsiderate. But I think that’s part of the game. Some people just can’t board a train properly or get off of it without bumping into 3 other people. 😉 But that shouldn’t make your day worse, they’re just a bit stupid.)

Thanks for posting something positive. And not just taking it for granted and only mentioning negative thoughts 😊