• dependencyinjection
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    21 days ago

So say I buy The Matrix on DVD. I can watch it whenever I like…

If I stop paying for Netflix, then I can’t watch it anymore so I have to keep signing up again. What about when the matrix isn’t on a Netflix, I then have to go sign up for Apple TV.

Isn’t capitalism supposed to weed out the companies without a viable business? If you can’t keep improving your product or you’ve got saturation with users then that’s your ceiling. Down like it, close down.

Kinda weird take from you to be honest. Like why won’t we think about the poor struggling corporations. Perhaps they would be in a better position if they didn’t go so long with losses trying to capture the market with a view to rinse us all later down the line.

I have exactly one monthly subscription and that’s for AppleCare+ on my phone. Fuck death my a thousand paper cuts.

• koberulz@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      22 days ago

“There’s no benefit to physical media.” “Yes there is.” “Why are you defending corporations?”

…what?

• dependencyinjection
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            21 days ago

Ngl I’m a little confused right now as it seems your comment was edited from what it initially said, but I’d don’t have a clue.

Edit: To be clear I am on the side of massive tech companies not being encouraged to use massive amounts of investor funding to corner a market and then work to fleece their customers as much as humanely possible. This level of laissez faire capitalism is horrendous and only cares about the companies and not that users get a decent product in exchange for their money.