• frog 🐸@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        21 days ago

When AI can sit in a large chair and make money off the backs of others all day

Arguably this is the only thing AI can do. Would AI even exist if not for the huge datasets derived from other people’s hard work? All the money AI will generate is based exclusively off the backs of others.

• neo@lemy.lol
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      21 days ago

Oh yeah? And what if the AI hallucinates stuff like self driving cars within a year or I don’t know, wants us to colonise another planet before we are even able to preserve Earth…

or maybe it suddenly wants to pay a random amount of money for another entirely unrelated company.

I mean, sure it could “run” multiple companies, but the decisions would probably be completely random, like renaming Disney to xXx or something similarly insane.

Nah, I think that makes it pretty clear, that we absolutely cannot afford to replace CEOs with AI!

• frog 🐸@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        20 days ago

There’s also the risk that the AI might decide that the best way of testing the company’s new product is to unleash it on the general public without any safety testing or thought of the consequences. That would be an absolute disaster.

• jmcs
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        20 days ago

Don’t be ridiculous. You can add a prompt to the AI to force it to listen to the lawyers.