• gandalf_der_12te
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    13 days ago

I agree, you could find it on a schoolyard.

But it’s not weird to get hung up about it, consider my angle: By talking like this, we’re defaming or decrying children. It will lead to less self-determination for young people in general, thus promoting the gerontocracy.

• Sanctus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      13 days ago

Children are not expected to be in full control of their emotions. Children are not expected to be experts in any field. Children are not expect to create laws for the country. By comparing them to children, we are saying they do not have the mental maturity to handle their respective duties. Which is a perfectly reasonable way of putting it. Children should never be in charge of anything important. They should be figuring life and themselves out before their soul gets caught in the gears of capitalism and is crushed for its value.

• theprogressivist @lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      13 days ago

By talking like this, we’re defaming or decrying children. It will lead to less self-determination for young people in general, thus promoting the gerontocracy.

• stoly@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      13 days ago

LOL you are being oppositional for its own sake. There is no issue here, you’ve just flat out made one up.

• gandalf_der_12te
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        12 days ago

No, I was arguing in good faith; But I see it doesn’t resonate with you at all, so i’ll just leave it.