fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

boy do i have a movie for you

watchdominion.com

almost everyone pays to have animas abused and hurt for them. Thinking, feeling animals. It’s horrifying. And much worse than just kicking puppies.

• NaN@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

This one sucks because I think it isn’t unknown, but easy to ignore. The worst thing I’ve seen related to this was the other day. Someone posted a video of a barn during ventilation shutdown for culling pigs and it was one of the most barbaric things I’ve seen. It was like something from a death camp.

• nodsocket@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

tbf you are also having humans abused and hurt for you. Prisons to remove inconvenient people from society, wars over resources and power, and slavery overseas to produce goods at low cost. Even if you go vegan, you’re still complicit in unspeakable crimes against humanity as a member of society.

• riceandbeans161
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

yeah, but why not do the best you reasonably can to reduce overall harm? That’s literally the definition of veganism

• nodsocket@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago

That’s fair. But if that’s your goal, you’d be better off working to end the government subsidies on meat and dairy that exist solely so people will eat more meat, rather than wasting time trying to eliminate every bit from your own diet. If we managed to remove those subsidies, the price of meat/dairy would quadruple and millions of animals would be saved from consumption. Not to mention people would probably be healthier too.

• riceandbeans161
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

but you can do both?

And by reducing demand you’re already helping.

And this is just me personally, but i couldn’t even imagine eating someone who had a mother.