How stupid do you have to be to believe that only 8% of companies have seen failed AI projects? We can’t manage this consistently with CRUD apps and people think that this number isn’t laughable? Some companies have seen benefits during the LLM craze, but not 92% of them. 34% of companies report that generative AI specifically has been assisting with strategic decision making? What the actual fuck are you talking about?

I don’t believe you. No one with a brain believes you, and if your board believes what you just wrote on the survey then they should fire you.

• megaman
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 days ago

I read the fun blogpost that is not an academic paper and ive downvoted you. Does that mean i dont actually exist or that u dont actually exist???

• megaman
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 days ago

Everyone who downvoted me didnt read the article, or didnt read what i said, or didnt read op, or something, i dont remember what they didnt read but they cannot be real because the only way to disagree with me is to not have read something or other (or did read it, cant remember which)

• AIhasUse@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 days ago

Because the headline goes along with all the people that thoughtlessly think ai is pointless, but the blog post itself is an incoherent mess that actually sometimes talks about how ai is useful and rapidly improving. It is a rambling mess. People who read it realise this. People who just read the headline assume it will say what they think. The chances that you made it through that whole thing are slim to none, but sure, maybe you read it, whatever. Congratulations, I’m sure it really improved your understanding.

• atrielienz@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          7 days ago

Which makes the point that while AI LLM’s can be useful and can be improved, hamfisting them into every product you make as a company because you have FOMO is ill advised and aggravating, especially when you pay people to be subject matter experts in the field and they tell you it’s a bad idea. That’s what the article said in some very verbose language. Your attention span must be severely lacking because you couldn’t read the article and glean that simple point from the words on the page. I read it and it was entertaining and insightful.

You seem like someone who might need paragraphs to be a single sentence.

• AIhasUse@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            3 days ago

Other than having to scroll down an extra 3 centimeters to see your Google results, have you actually been inconvenienced by ai being used somewhere? All this outrageous about terrible ai getting in the way all the time is hilarious because it is absolutely manufactured by people who are obsessed with complaining and then parroted by people incapable of thinking for themselves. Nobody’s actually living worse lives because a few companies are trying out new tech. The fact of the matter is that there are obnoxious karens online, just like in real life.

You seem like someone who is probably self-righteous, obnoxious, and annoying to be around in real life, just like you are online.

• atrielienz@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              2 days ago

I’ve actually gone out of my way to avoid it but that has nothing to do with the accuracy of the results (although I would need those results to be accurate), and everything to do with avoiding ads and using the search web function to find very specific and detailed information rather than a summary.

In my short experience with the AI features for search specifically, I have experienced not being able to see the source of that information without having to click through and scroll down or continue a conversation with prompts. I don’t want that. It very often slows down my work flow and that’s the intention. To keep me on the page making additional queries and looking at more ads.

I have experienced Gemini with my phone though and it’s actively worse than google assistant and home assistant in a lot of ways. Features that have allowed me for years to control smart devices and have been broken or unreliable. More so than the results of the Sonos lawsuit.

I want my devices to work. I don’t want to have a conversation with a device to turn on lights or find out what the weather is like. Bottom line, the point of my comment was that (obnoxious to you or not), nobody is under attack for using AI products.

• AIhasUse@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 days ago

What a good full set of possibilities since it’s certainly impossible for anyone on the internet to lie. How fun for a blog to contradict its main point.