I just missed mine. Feeling pretty stupid right now. Hopefully your stories will cheer me up.

• lotanis
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Someone once told me “if you’ve never missed a flight, you’re spending too much time in airports”. I think about that a lot in a lot of other contexts - sometimes being too safe comes with more of a cost than the risk!

• Strae@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I think this is terrible advice for most people. You only need to spend like an hour in the airport to avoid missing a flight. Most people don’t fly often enough to get much actual gain from pushing this boundary. The only person I knew who would push the envelope like this was someone who flew every week for work. That makes sense to me, because you’re saving two hours every week for years. If you’re only flying a few times a year just pack a book and ensure you make your flight on time.

• JackbyDev@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

I’ve been on like six flights in my life. I am absolutely not spending too much time in airports by not missing a flight. What a fucking out of touch thing to say.

• Strae@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I think this is terrible advice for most people. You only need to spend like an hour in the airport to avoid missing a flight. Most people don’t fly often enough to get much actual gain from pushing this boundary. The only person I knew who would push the envelope like this was someone who flew every week for work. That makes sense to me, because you’re saving two hours every week for years. If you’re only flying a few times a year just pack a book and ensure you make your flight on time.