• Sentau
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

How was that not a pen¿? What exactly are the handball rules¿? The hand was not beside the body and blocked a goal bound shot

• keyez@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

I was surprised to not see it called but they could have thought it was natural position, wasn’t moving out or up or anything like that but these handball rules are confusing and every game calls get worse and worse.

• AchtungDrempels@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Yeah that was strange. Maybe because he was about to put his arm next to his body? But that made him save the shot.

• Sentau
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

See that logic doesn’t make sense to me. If you are late on tackle and hence get the man, it is a foul. We do not say you were trying to make a proper tackle so no foul

• Blaze (he/him)@sopuli.xyzOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

From what the commenter say “if the hands are close enough to the body, it’s not a hand”

"Close enough"being "not larger than a ball (?)

• imaqtpie@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 month ago

That was 100% a handball for me. Hand was extended from the body and blocked a shot on target. Cucurella even smirked afterwards, he knew he got away with one.

Absolutely brutal officiating performance tbh. It started when he didn’t give a yellow to Kroos in the 5th minute for the tackle that took Pedri out of the game. And then he ended up giving a ton of yellows later on in the game, for dubious reasons. Germany got robbed on that call but Spain still seem like the most deserving team to win the tournament so it’s not the worst thing.

If France beats Spain though, then the rage will flow. After benefitting from a missed call and scoring a miraculous goal to avoid penalties, you better make it count