When you connect a new device to a ‘smart’ tv, you must pay homage to the manufacturer with a ritualistic dance. Plugging and unplugging the device. Turning them on and off in the correct sequence like entering a konami code.

Every time you want to switch devices, the tv must scan for them. And god forbid you lose power, or unplug something. You are granted the delight experience of doing it all over again.

I have fond memories of the days of just plugging something in, and pressing the input button. Instant gratification. It was a simpler time.

What is some other tech that used to be better?

• coffinwood
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

I have a car with a touch screen and some few physical buttons and it just works. Here, I proved you wrong.

• stoy@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

Meanwhile, I have a car with a big touchscreen, and few physical buttons and it clearly doesn’t work.

Here, with the exact same ammount of evidence you presented I proved you wrong!

Back in Not-idiot land however, we know that neither one of us have proved anything, we are both presenting claims, with zero verifiable facts, which at best should be treated as unverified antecdotes.

• wuphysics87@lemmy.mlOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

There was a post asking how you can tell if someone was from gen z a while ago. Nailed it

• coffinwood
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

that’s the point I was making: anectdotal evidence is not evidence, it’s opinion. have a nice day.

• brlemworld@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

Not sure why you are getting down voted. I have a Tesla and agree. Now if you had that piece of shit Toyota EV (bzssrt?) then maybe I would agree with OP.

• coffinwood
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

What I wanted to say is that a car’s quality doesn’t solely depend on if it’s got touch or physical controls but on **how ** good or bad they’re done. OP overly generalised that.