• HeyHo
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

It’s always the non-vegans that know best how to get people to become vegan, lol

• Ookami38@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Almost like the people being sold something are telling the sellers exactly what they want to see. I wish selling stuff was always that easy.

• toomanypancakes@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Then the people here either already know what the morally correct thing to do is and are choosing not to because someone on the Internet wasn’t nice to them, making them a terrible person, or they don’t think murder and torture are bad things when done to other creatures and no amount of Internet niceties will teach them otherwise, also making them a terrible person.

Nobody is selling anything. Make a moral decision or go away.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

You’re pushing an ideology. You want people to get on board for those. By the powers of synonyms, you could just as easily say you’re selling an ideology and you want people to buy in.

Reframe it in a moral or ethical framework all you want. Throw sticks, call people monsters, whatever. You’re pushing a viewpoint you want people to accept. Maybe listen to the people you’re trying to talk to when they tell you how they want to be engaged with.

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

This is a circle jerk community for vegans. Nobody wants to teach a bunch of adult babies how not to be a shitheel, you’re supposed to already know to participate.

Stop violating instance rules and go away. I’m sorry you aren’t getting your hand held.

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              2 months ago

The only instance rule I seem to be violating is not personally being a vegan. If shit hits all, you HAVE to expect some outsiders to pop up in your community. You don’t want them there, don’t keep engaging with them.

That’s aight, though, I’ll see myself out. I’d rather hang with people who can engage in an actual conversation instead of getting their feelings hurt at some animosity.

• Agrivar@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                2 months ago

Smart move. I hate that this “community” keeps making it to ALL, they remind me of TheDonald with their loving and welcoming attitude.

link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                2 months ago

You could also close your face and stop promoting murder and torture, but I know that’s too hard for you sociopaths. Go jerk off in the corner secure in the knowledge that you sure owned those vegans, content in how you make the world a worse place by being in it.

• intensely_human@lemm.ee
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  2 months ago

I’m not the one requiring a change in behavior from you. You, on the other hand, want me to change my behavior. You can ban me, but that won’t solve the problem you guys have with people coming to your posts unaware that you have a rule against their presence. The only ways to solve that problem entirely are (a) change the rule or (b) close the instance.

You’re getting foot traffic because you’re on a busy street with your door wide open and you’re actively posting attention-grabbing stuff in the windows.

Change any of those variables and you can have your circlejerk in peace.

• intensely_human@lemm.ee
                    link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    2 months ago

Lol starting with this comment and working backwards, someone just went through and downvoted all my comments.

• HelixDab2@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

When vegans can’t sell the idea of being vegan to people–with the exception of selling it to people that are already inclined that way–maybe, just maybe, they should look at their sales techniques. Think about street corner preachers that use a megaphone to tell everyone that they’re going to hell because they’re fags, whores, sodomites, trannies, baby killers, whatever slur you want to use; have they ever, even once, managed to make you consider that maybe being an evangelical Christian was right for you?

Directing slurs at people that aren’t vegan isn’t going to convince people you’re right; it’s going to make people hostile and defensive. You’re creating an in-group and an out-group; you’re reinforcing your own status as a member of the in-group, while being exclusionary of everyone that is not already part of that group, or is not sufficiently committed to that group. It’s not even effective as form of negging, because negging has to be subtle.

If you want to sell ideas to people, you need to take advice from people that successfully sell ideas from people. If you don’t, well, good luck, 'cuz your gonna need it.