When you think MURDER, think MARCUS MUNITIONS!

• skillissuer
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

i don’t think that “one crime at a time” applies there. what’s stopping a school shooter from just stealing shit from that idiot box

• southsamurai@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I mean, nothing?

But, again, why would they? It isn’t like you can just grab a bunch and run. Have you seen pictures of the machines? They aren’t bank vaults, but they’re a bit better built than a drink machine.

If would be kinda stupid to plan a mass shooting, gather firearms, and just not get ammo too. But, even if that was the ammo source they chose, why waste the time and effort of robbing the machine and going somewhere else? Just load a magazine and start cooking right there.

The responses I’ve gotten to this have been fairly refreshing. It’s nice to realize that the people of lemmy would be horrible at planning a crime of any kind, much less mass murder. Like, I fully expected the usual “guns bad, you suck” kind of comments, that’s just how it goes online sometimes.

But the comments and messages about how these machines would be great for someone planning a crime are just so cute. It is genuinely nice to know that most people don’t really think about committing a crime, even as a thought experiment.

But, to answer the kinda question you asked more seriously than “nothing”, it would just be a bad choice to be an effective killer.

The people that have successfully murdered large numbers by shooting have been successful because of good planning. Part of that is making sure that your targets don’t see you coming, and that nobody else interferes. Stopping at the grocery store and breaking open a machine to steal ammo, while not having a loaded weapon already, that’s just bad planning.

There’s a few better options if you want to steal ammo, that don’t require near as much effort, though I’ll be damned if I’m going to share them because someone might actually use that info, and I’m not risking that. Suffice it to say that it is very unusual for ammunition to be locked up entirely everywhere that ammo is kept in large amounts. It’s impractical.