Solution: I came up with this uBlock Origin filter rule: startpage.com$removeparam=/abp|lui/, I started by removing all the paramters and then took them out one by one while testing if searches made on startpage.com worked with them: startpage.com$removeparam=/abp|t|lui|sc|cat/. I also got a response from u/SPSupport that the paramters don’t show when I search from the URL bar with my search engine set to https://www.startpage.com/sp/search?query=%s, which I did.

I want to be able to see the search query in the URL, and have a URL that I can always go back to if I restart my browser. I set the HTTP request method in settings to GET instead of POST since that shows the query, but it adds a bunch of extra paramters:

• Upstream7564
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Not every parameter is automatically a tracking parameter, some a required to provide specific services.

• memfree@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Agreed. Further, I doubt any of the OP’s examples are tracking. lui=english just means to have the page use english (not spanish, chinese, etc.), cat=web means not shopping, news or anything like that – just a web search, and while I;m not sure about device, I THINK that refers to whether the result should be formatted for phone, desktop, or such.