TL;DR - been battling weight my entire life, starting Vyvanse for help with binge eating

I’m here because I broke up with Reddit and there is no Lemmy community specifically for binge eating yet… I wanted to stop in and share. I’ve battled weight all of my life to different degrees of success. Most recently I’ve been confronting trauma and binge eating related to trauma. I think I’m at the point where I can have success on my own but I have thought that many times…so at my last physical I talked to my doctor about getting on something to help me with weight loss and appetite.

At this point, I’m 43 and even if something has some side effects or negative effects it would be worth it over losing years of my life by staying too heavy. Because I first talked to my doctor about what I believe is behind it all…binge-eating as self-numbing related to trauma…she suggested trying Vyvanse first rather than Wegovy or Ozempic because it doesn’t have the same side effects and has been shown to help specifically with binge eating as an appetite suppressant.

I’m ready to do the work, I know I can’t just try to take something and not try, and excited for weeks and months to come. I have found success at different points in my life using LoseIt for calorie counting and exercise…that’s the goal now with a little help.

Wish me luck. See you around lemmy loseits :)

• Tartas1995
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

This reads like a post of someone has already succeeded. Commitment sounds very strong. The rest is a question of time. I believe in you!

• Tartas1995
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Hey, do you mind if I ask you how you are doing regards of your goal?

• mysoulishome@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Oh damn thanks for asking. I worked hard and lost around 18 pounds in 2 months, then I ran out of the medication and ate poorly for a month and gained 5 or so back.

I had trouble getting back to the doctor so she could check my blood pressure and re-up the prescription but finally did yesterday and I’m back on track. Not sure where you’re from but getting a doctors appointment the same century is difficult in America.

How are things going for you? Any success this year?

• Tartas1995
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

Oh wow! 13pounds is a great start in only 3 months. Good luck in the future!

I am not trying to lose… I wanna gain weight. I was just passing by when I saw your original post and yeah I want to support you. But if we talk generally, life is going great, I can’t talk about what but beside a break up, life is good!