• dependencyinjection
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

I do not support Israel.

But if you’re referring to Hamas, I don’t support them either; as I clearly said I don’t support the killing of innocent people. Even if that is in response to the murder of innocent people.

Hamas suck, As does the Israeli government and anybody that supports their actions over the last 9/10 months and even longer than that to be honest.

• Burstar@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Hamas suck

See, you’re doing it again. No, Hamas doesn’t just ‘suck’. It’s this false equivalence BS that has my ire. Hamas… are. literal. terrorists. and that is not in dispute by anyone worth listening to. Hamas as a strategy kill, rape, torture, and take hostage anyone they can get their evil fucking hands on. Israel wants to just exist but have been putting up with the afforementioned terrorism for 80 years. So they got a little Nietzschian. Israel is sick of it. I would be too if I was in their shoes.

That’s the difference. They have a right to exist and I support that unequivocally. Are they perfect? Of course not. Would they be as hostile to Palestinians as they are had Terrorism Incorporated not made every minute of the last 80 years constant jeopardy? Um probably not. Is this a genocide? Not yet, but it could be if team Hamas doesn’t smarten up and say ‘hey now maybe peaceful solutions are a good idea’. Until then, Fuck Hamas and their putting civilians lives in jeopardy with their stubbornness.

If and when they surrender and release the hostages Israel continues this assault then yeah. They the baddies. Right now they are just getting their hands dirtier than you, sitting comfortably in your a/c sipping a latte somewhere else, would prefer protecting themselves.

• dependencyinjection
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

So you don’t see how Israelis settlers make life unlivable for Palestinians? Or that Israel has taken more and more territory over the last 8 decades?

You seem to only want to shit on the terrorists Hamas and find issue with my choice of words, and not address any critique of Israel at all. That get my ire, the fact that people will focus on Hamas.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          2 months ago

Doesn’t justify terrorism or warcrimes.

Edit: I will sit down and commiserate with you on the shit show from both sides for the last 80 years, but those issues should have been dealt with in the past and are not a justification for the present.

• dependencyinjection
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

It doesn’t and Israel should stop committing them, as should Hamas.

All Israel are doing is ensuring the next wave of Hamas conscripts.

Who decides when we the statute of limitations is up on past transgressions of Israel?

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              2 months ago

Who decides when we the statute of limitations is up on past transgressions of Israel?

Same people that decide that for the past transgressions of Terrorism Incorporated. Both sides need to stop, sit down and come to an agreement somehow. The only other way for peace is one Hamas sympathizers will NOT like.

As for ‘the next wave of Hamas conscripts’. That is inevitable. 80 ish years ago Israel did nothing but come into existance due to a UN mandate and all the nations around them declared war. Nothing Israel can do or not do will prevent Hamas and the like from growing except ceasing to exist and that is the genocide Hamas et al sympathizers are actually supporting.

• dependencyinjection
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                2 months ago

Israel has been the one to turn down any ceasefire agreements put forward by Hamas, even the ones with the return of all hostages. So that seems like Israel doesn’t want a resolution and is dead set on the, impossible, task of wiping out Hamas. Which is something that isn’t likely, as killing my whole family might make me join Hamas.

Let me ask you this. Is the Palestinian people have tried peaceful measures to get Israel to stop taking land and killing people, and they’ve tried political means. What choice other than violence is left.

Wasn’t it JFK that said something like “people who make a peaceful resolution impossible will make a violent resolution inevitable”.