• yetAnotherUser
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

I, the most American person in existence with American citizenship (don’t look at my instance’s ccTLD), will not vote in this election and encourage all my fellow Americans to do the same because Harris is literally the same as Trump. Literally. 99.9% of their DNA is identical. Their differences are a mere rounding error and you will not achieve meaningful change with that.

• LostWanderer@lemmynsfw.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

Edit: I failed to recognize that I should look deeper into the user’s comment before replying. I will state that, for the record, I need two slices of bread to make myself the idiot sandwich. However, I’ll leave up the original response that I drafted because…Being honest is better than burying one’s incompetence.

‘I, the most American person in existence with American citizenship (don’t look at my instance’s ccTLD), will not vote in this election and encourage all my fellow Americans to do the same because Harris is literally the same as Trump.’

Wow, if this isn’t a dishonest hot take, I don’t know what is! Harris isn’t a convicted felon, her voting record speaks of a sane individual who wants to create change in the world. Trump is all vitriol, lies, with an extra side of narcissism; nobody with a shred of good faith would dare to conflate Harris with that orange blowhard. The stink of right wing troll clings to you. I hope all decent Americans vote and vote for Harris instead of believing your trolling.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

ROFL, like an idiot, I just assumed troll instead of looking deeper. The trolls are really thick in the political comment sections, I’ve unfortunately defaulted to disbelieving in people first instead of taking in a whole comment before drafting a response.

• yetAnotherUser
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 month ago

Yeah, no worries - seeing the upvote/downvote ratio most people seem to have missed the (don’t look at my instance’s ccTLD) part.

Although the comment section has also become significantly worse since I’ve commented, so my comment might not be as obviously satirical anymore as I’ve thought

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 month ago

To your credit, in retrospect, it’s a mighty fine satirical comment. However, it depended on non-speed reading silly sausages like myself to actually grasp immediately. I feel that I’ve grown too used the writing of The Onion, who’s distinctive style that makes a ‘this is satire’ light turn on in my mind. I’m actually laughing about it now, but, still feel a bit disappointed in myself at the moment.

• sunzu@kbin.run
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

btw i say vote 3p, but i don’t get bent over other people’s choices my “the most American person in existence with American citizenship”

EDIT: is u really gonna base your opinion here based on my fediverse instance? wow, i don’t think you understand what this place is about.