• Muscle_Meteor
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Funny if true, but if true possibly also a HIPAA violation. Wouldnt want the doctor to get in trouble, should probably skip any o’ them city folk inventions for the next 8 kids just to be safe.

• MajorHavoc@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

Oof. Please don’t make jokes that villainize HIPAA. We have few enough privacy laws, as it is.

HIPAA, applied properly, means her husband shouldn’t have learned the details of her selected care, without her consent.

Edit: You were saying the same thing. I misunderstood.

• Muscle_Meteor
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 month ago

What part of what i said villainized HIPAA?

Even if what you said is true, he just has to see the tweet for it to be a violation.

Data disclosure without authorization of the patient is a violation, and that doesn’t matter who its disclosed to.

Source I work in medtech, i do yearly trainings on handling patient data, and its unlikely im related to any of them 😅

Edit: to clarify… we are arguing about the doctor disclosing to the internet that this woman got an epidural, and whether or not that is a potential HIPAA violation right?

• MajorHavoc@programming.dev
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 month ago

we are arguing about the doctor disclosing to the internet that this woman got an epidural, and whether or not that is a potential HIPAA violation right?

I missed that you meant if her doctor disclosed this. You’re right. That’s a wild HIPAA violation.