Looks like McDonald’s is reaping what it sowed. Shit food at shit prices and no one wants to buy?! SHOCKER.

• dependencyinjection
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I boycotted McD due to this list, UK, and I really don’t miss it. It also got hella expensive and the service got worse.

I must say, boycotting things has had no Ill effect on my life and in fact I likely spend less money than before.

• EnderMB@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

It’s funny, because for a brief moment McDonalds had a spike in popularity when they reopened after COVID.

When they fully reopened their stores, it became clear as day that many of them had downsized in terms of staff. When your fast food is as fast as a standard burger place, it’s not fast…

• Raiderkev@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

And they got rid of the only things I used to order. All day breakfast, and the chicken strips. U can keep the over processed nuggets Ronald. The strips were the shit. Just an actual piece of chicken, breaded and deep fried. They said they were only temporarily reducing the menu bc Covid, well, here we are 4 years later with the same shitty reduced menu. Not only that, but the bullshit that’s on the menu is 3x more expensive. Those 2 things brought me.back after a long hiatus. I had started another, but I will say I grabbed a $5 meal the other night with a friend after a few drinks because it was the only thing open and they finally offered a cheap deal that they absolutely were not advertising because they didn’t want people to buy it so they can go see? Price isn’t the issue. Prices will increase until morale improves. Long story short, fuck McDonald’s.