• EmperorHenry
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

For good grades you need to be willing to learn and either put in some work or be intelligent.

No, no and no. You only need to sit there and take in what the teachers say, you need to be stupid to have good grades in school. At least in the US.

All of the richest people in the world never finished school. The longer you’re in that system, the dumber you’ll be.

• Funkytom467@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

Listening to the teacher is the willingness i’m speaking about, and taking it in require effort. That effort can technically be lessen by intelligence.

However having a bad education system will drive intelligent people to drop it and be unwilling to learn in the first place. I guess that’s really what you meant.

I didn’t go to school in the US so I can’t say if they are that terrible. Where I live they were always some teachers to raise the bar.

That said if the richest didn’t finish school, those who haven’t finished school aren’t all rich. Plenty of them dropped for the wrong reasons.

Furthermore getting rich isn’t always the goal, some smart people are passionate about subject that doesn’t pay as well but does require extensive study. For instance sciences are such fields.

Unfortunately deciding if school is or isn’t for you isn’t much a matter of intelligence rather than wisdom.