I keep seeing him but can’t figure out his role in the memes. Is it random like the orb thing?

• Halcyon
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

There’s also a Turkish female pistol shooter with the same style and casual approach: Sevval Ilayda Tarhan.

Tarhan and Yusuf Dikec together won the silver medal in shooting for Turkey at the Olympic Games in Paris.

But everybody only talks about the man.

• freeman@feddit.org
      link
      fedilink
      Deutsch
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

She is wearing hearing protection and a tactical looking hat, so there is less of a meme potential as the contrast is smaller.

Also I read somewhere, that the casual looking stance is actually a stabilisation technique.

So no mysoginy here

• Riskable@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

Meh. She seems way too focused.

The guy looks like he does this every day, constantly. Brushing his teeth? He fires the gun. Tying his shoes? He fires the gun. Wiping his ass? He fires the gun.

Firing the gun is just something he does. He does it a lot. Then one day the Olympics shooting coach showed up and decided to put him out there on behalf of Turkey.

• Varyk@sh.itjust.worksOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

!

Jeez, thanks for sharing that!

They won the silver medal together?

Even every single explanation here has just been about him.

That’s crazy.

Thank you again for sharing that, jeez.

She should definitely be similarly hoisted atop their shoulders in these memes.

• Halcyon
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Yes, as can be seen in the picture I shared, they both were shooting side by side.