• Revan343@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

Ancaps aren’t anarchists any more than buffalo have wings. Anarchism is the rejection of hierarchy, and capitalism is inherently hierarchical.

• theoretiker
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

I don’t necessarily disagree, but I need clarification how capitalism is inherently hierarchical. I know that for example starting from a state where everybody has the same “capital” things tend be be distributed unequally because more capital grows at a larger rate than less capital. But this is more something that emerges from capitalism rather than an inherent property.

• blubfisch
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

Well if it naturally gravitates to inequality, l would call it an inherent property.

• Victoria Antoinette @lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

capitalism is a system of production in which the means of production are held as private property by a capitalist class. with the abolition of the state will necessarily come abolition of private property, so capitalism cannot exist in anarchy.

• theoretiker
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

That’s a huge claim. Do you by any chance have a review paper on that? I’d guess that if that’s the case there should be plenty of anthropological evidence that early hunter gatherer tribes were hierarchical.

• LarmyOfLone@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

There is sort of a word missing for people who believe in inequality, that the weak should be ruled by the strong and might makes right, who believe in authoritarianism. I mean besides insults like bootlicker. Because ancaps would just flock to the nearest warlord / land baron.

• LarmyOfLone@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 month ago

Well… touche. But that doesn’t sound like an insult and more like praising them for their great authority.

• Tiresia@slrpnk.net
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

Amazon’s Human Resources Department buys all the land around where you stand, kills you of you violate the NAP by trespassing, and then barters for your unending indentured servitude in exchange for food and water.

Anarcho-capitalism is like taking the worst parts of feudalism and chattel slavery, but with fewer human rights.