Hey there! Tell us what you like! Share your interests, you might find some other buddies who share interests with you. Either way, think of this as sort of a show and tell. Share as much as you’d like. Feel free to show/link some examples if you’d like. Let’s have fun with it =)!

• 73ʞk13
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    30 days ago

I’ll try to keep it short. These are the things I love doing, even though I sometimes don’t have the energy for any of it, except lying in my bed. Being autistic can be quite exhausting.

…tinkering with alternative operating systems for notebooks and smarties.

…watching Star Trek - grew up with it and just don’t get tired of (re-)watching. My fav is Voyager.

…playing video games - my favs are Loz - Breath of the Wild and Horizon - Zero Dawn

…reading - mainly SF, fantasy, and non-fic. My fav authors are Stephen Baxter, Robin Hobb, and Henry David Thorau.

…strength training - one of my rooms was turned into a training room.

…cycling - I own an almost 20 years old Specialized Rockhopper and prefer day trips.

…travelling and hiking with my GF - mainly in remote areas such as Lapland for example.

… lying in my bed, since it is the one place with the least sensory triggers.

• cashmaggot@piefed.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      29 days ago

Yeah, my therapist said unfortunately the thing that neurotypical people don’t get about being neurodivergent (as a whole) is that sometimes even resting can be exhausting. Which sounds bonkers, I know - but when you sit an think about it for two seconds you say…oh yeah - that is right.

Tinkering is always good, because you can help those around you learn to fish if they’re willing. Then in turn…they can help others around them learn to fish…if they’re willing. Or you can just work on open source stuff that helps everyone eat =P!

My gal loves Star Trek. She works with the tv on and I keep going out there and seeing her watching one of the new ones. I think her favorite might be the one with the female captain (Jane…Way? Idk - I probably have that wrong. Red headed woman). She said everyone hates it, but she likes it. It’s probably the one I’ve seen the most of as a whole, and I liked it.

My gals’ fav game is Breath of the Wild. But we both agree Horizon kinda creeps us out. I dig MoCap (I like it in the made by Supermassive) but there was something always off about Horizon to the two of us. Idk if it’s the shadows or something as horror games tend to be dark, and Horizon as far as I remember it was super bright. On my end, it’s Curious Expedition all the way. Hands down, my favorite game ever. It’s on the Switch if you’ve got a vague interest in trying it out. Idk if you can mod it though, which really extends the lifespan of it on the PC.

Strength training is always good =)! Same with cycling, although it’s not really taken on as much out here. Is Lapland where the indigenous folks are? I gave it a look and saw the reindeer. Just making an assumption, feel free to fill in blanks if you’d liek.

Beds are good, and I <3 mine. Well, no actually. I tolerate mine. I like zzzping on the floor more =P!

Cheers buddy!