• kirk781
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    28 days ago

Nothing skipped on the SD card for no reason. Their cheaper CMF Phone ships with SD card support, though still not with a 3.5mm jack.

• Ilandar@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      28 days ago

Nothing skipped on the SD card for no reason.

I wouldn’t say no reason. It’s to make more money by forcing you to pay for more onboard storage, the same as any other manufacturer. Others, like Google, have an even clearer incentive to kill the SD card as it threatens the cloud storage subscription they want you to pay an ongoing fee for.

• kirk781
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        28 days ago

I think Google’s Pixel 9 128 GB edition is purely to drive consumers towards cloud storage.

• kirk781
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        28 days ago

I think it is because Nothing has couple of wireless earbuds in the market already and they really want people to purchase them. A 3.5mm jack will stymie that.

Curiously, their Nothing Buds support the LDAC codec(though few phones outside Sony do) but many more expensive wireless versions(looks at Sennheiser) don’t.

• limerod@reddthat.comM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      28 days ago

I can live without an 3.5mm jack. But, I cannot without an expandable storage unless they bring wireless sdcard, or high amounts of in-built storage(1TB) without charging a premium.