I just tried to look up a specific video of a Nick Swardson stand up bit. All I searched was “Nick Swardson loitering”. There were 5 fucking ads before an actual user posted video, then one real human posted video that barely had anything to do with Nick, then 5 more fucking ads.

I knew they were forcing ads into videos but clogging the entire search feed with ads is unfuckingbelievable.

Is this really what it’s come to? Ads are more important than what I’m actually looking for? Are people really okay with this?

• TrickDacy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      27 days ago

I already looked this up because I was curious. The other person had no interest in an actual conversation so I didn’t see the point in reporting back. Yes I was slightly wrong, but believe it or not I’m capable of questioning myself and spending a few seconds to check up on something.

I will say that despite being a lifelong computer nerd, I don’t think I had even heard of anyone using an ad blocker until probably 2006 or 2007. To say “I haven’t seen an ad in decades” is a statement that just sounds false. It cannot possibly be literally true, so that primed me not to believe them.