link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    26 days ago

Unless by built in, you mean the ublock that comes with librewolf, thats fucking stupid. Adblocking is an armsrace that requires constant up to date collaboration on the adblock developer side. Thats why you need crossplatform plugins like ublock, otherwise you will end up seeing ads.

• fne8w2ah@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      26 days ago

Vivaldi browser also has a built-in ad blocker on all platforms, but the PC/Mac/Linux version also allows you to use uBlock Origin as well (at least until mid-2025).

• Engywuck@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      26 days ago

No, Vivaldi, Brave and Opera have builtin adblockers which don’t depend on the extensions manifest. Plus, one could always rely on AdGuard, which whould block ads system wide.

• Engywuck@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      26 days ago

thats fucking stupid

Thanks, I respect you too.

I’ts been 3 years since I last used uBO and I have still to see a single ad on my browser. But you do you.

• unexposedhazard
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        26 days ago

I did not call you stupid, i called the things that you wrote stupid. Those are two very different things. You called the best practices, recommended for any user that wants to safely use a normal web browser, “fear mongering”. That is in fact a very stupid thing to do.