• Joe
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    25 days ago

It’s the Y chromosome that triggers them.

edit: alleged/unpublished … she failed some gender verification tests of IBA that disqualified her there, but met the IOC’s criteria. It is what it is. They might keep or change the eligibility rules in the future, and that will continue to be IOC’s decision, much as it is IBA’s.

• Mycatiskai@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      26 days ago

It’s the fact that she would beat them bloody, and they can’t deal with the erection they get at the thought of that.

• MountingSuspicion@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      24 days ago

The IOC stopped accepting IBA decisions like this because they are a corrupt organization. The IBA never provided that information and we don’t have confirmation of that, but by disqualifying her, a title was restored to a Russian athlete and they had made Russia’s gas company a main sponsor of the IBA. I’m not saying I know anyone’s chromosomal makeup, but I wish people would stop stating it as a fact. She could have it or not, but we do not know.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/paris-2024-summer-olympics/olympics-boxing-imane-khalif-xy-chromosome-italian-boxer-quit/5662035/

Before anyone claims Russophobia or whatever, not all Russian organizations or people are corrupt, but it’s well agreed that it was a poorly run organization with a lot of problems. For what it’s worth I’d be suspect of any country in that position. Sports are a big point of national pride and monetary gain, and people should be wary of any decisions affecting pride or money, regardless of the circumstances.

• maniii@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        26 days ago

Swyers disease. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_gonadal_dysgenesis

A Genetically-born XY person with fully developed female-organs and no visible male-organs hence failed to go through male-puberty remaining for all intents and purposes female-adjacent.

The Olympics committee via Scientific investigation have determined that Swyers disease persons are essentially female from birth including physical characteristics hence an exception has been made to be allowed in the Olympics female category for participation.

Trans-persons are still not allowed in the Olympics female category no exceptions.