• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    25 days ago

For many, but I already know how to fix my phones and have all the equipment to do it. Plus, re0airabilith is slowly starting to leech back into the market by means of being forced into it by the government.

Personally, I just want my damned microsd card slots back. I’ve been a samsung note fan for ages because I like the s pen. I’m currently using the last one made with a card slot. The n 20 ultra.

HTC just came back from the android grave and released a nice mid tier phone with a headphone jack and an SD card slot for just $600, but im not ready to give up my s-pen yet. My phone will still be plenty good for the next couple of years, and I’m hoping a company like HTC makes a successful comeback with card slots. I’m more willing to give up my s pen than give up my storage slot.

• Krzd@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      25 days ago

The fp5 has a SD-Slot btw.

But yeah, I’m also hoping for more repairability in phones, however if you want to buy a new one in the next 2 years I seriously doubt that major manufacturers will have DIY repairable phones by then.

• ColeSloth
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        25 days ago

For me, phones have never not been diy repair outside of the ones with parts pairing, on the paired parts. But I know I’m very much the exception to the rule. I have a lot of equipment and experience doing it.

As to the fairphone 5…it’s not really a US phone. You’d have to import it and have no warranty with it. Not a good deal for how much they are and what they’re specd at.

FYI, as of January 1st 2025 both Oregon and Colorado have banned paired parts in smartphones from being sold there. So that shit practice should be going away. The EU has been doing the same.