For me, it’d probably be teleportation. The possibilities with teleportation are basically limitless.

• Building’s on fire? Teleport in, grab the people inside, and teleport out. Easy.
  • Getting your butt kicked by a supervillain? Teleport to a gun shop, grab some weapons, and teleport back for round 2.
    • Alternatively, just grab your opponent, teleport in front of a moving train or something, let go of your opponent, and teleport away.
  • Need to defuse a bomb? No need! Just teleport the bomb to the middle of the desert. Never worry about cutting the wrong wire again!
  • Want to go to a Taylor Swift concert, but you overslept? You guessed it: just teleport! You don’t even need to buy a ticket!

Admittedly, stopping time is another very useful power, but teleportation is just really hard to beat. What say you?

• MadMaurice
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I think I would prefer stopping time over teleportation. I’ll probably won’t be able to save anyone from a fire (depending on how fire would work in stopped time), or just drop a bomb into the desert, but I feel like if I kept my current life, i.e. not become a well known superhero, these points wouldn’t be particularly useful.

The ability to stop time would imho be more useful to me. I could take a multi-hour break just in the middle of work and nobody would know. I could have my five more minutes in the morning without feeling guilty or just have a long vacation without using my vacation days.

• Sascamooch@lemmy.sascamooch.comOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah, time stopping is a good choice, too. If we’re going to use it for long periods (like for long vacations, for example), that does raise the question: do you still age while time is stopped, or does your ability pause aging, too?

• MadMaurice
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

That’s a good question. I mean obviously no one else will be aging, but since you’re moving time most likely didn’t stop for you. The problem is if you age while time is stopped you’d need to refrain from using it too often, otherwise others might get suspicious because you’re aging too fast from their perspective. However If you’d only use this power for an extra 2 week vacation per year, you’d age an extra year per 25 years of lifetime and I don’t think that is too obvious.