I usually buy the cheap (for us) 2.79 CAD bag of 1kg popping corn. the 850g Orville Redenbacher is 5.79.

However, they were out of the cheap stuff so I was forced to get the ol’ Orville’s stuff. And I found it there were less kernels unpopped, the popcorn was fluffier and weirdly, it sounded louder too. (same stove, pot and everything)

So my question is why is there such a quality difference? Is there a difference in how it’s prepared before shipping? Anyone know?

• NeatNit
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    24 days ago

MatPat started to get on my nerves years ago, but I’ll give the man credit: it was easy to just stop watching his videos. The only time I saw him after that is when he made a guest appearance on Pitch Meeting and that was actually a cool cameo. He’s not one of those people you just can’t get away from. He never (to my knowledge) got mixed up in some horrible controversy or anything, he just kept doing his thing and if you don’t watch him you wouldn’t know him.

Anyway, I feel for you, it sucks when someone you’re a fan of stops doing the thing you love.