TL;DR

• Google has confirmed to us that the Pixel Watch 3 can’t be repaired and can only be replaced.
  • This is bad news for environmental reasons, suggesting that broken watches will end up in landfills.
  • This isn’t the first Pixel Watch model that can’t be repaired, though.
  • kirk781
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    22 days ago

I had a Galaxy Watch 4 previously 40mm model and it’s battery barely lasted a day, especially with AOD enabled. Ironically, Samsung had released previous models like S3 Frontier with 3 day battery life, so their brand new smartwatch was actually a downgrade. Wear OS sucks so much at battery life.

To make things worse, GW 4 took nearly 2 hours to charge fully via it’s slow WPC based charging. To make things worse, it constantly throttled and overheated in hot summers.

Samsung stuck to it’s wireless charging mechanism even on GW 6 and 7. So, while Xiaomi’s smartwatch with ~500mAh battery can charge in 40 minutes while my GW 6 takes ~80 minutes to charge a ~425maH battery.

• dmtalon@infosec.pub
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      22 days ago

I’d guess I get about 10 days which would include 5-6 50 minute GPS activities and, wearing it / tracking HR 24/7.

Watch estimates 21 days on full charge (not accounting for activities).

I just don’t have to think about /manage is